Grilled Vegetable Pasta
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and cut into quarters|
|Yellow pepper||1 , seeded and cut into quarters|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and cut into quarters|
|Baby eggplant||6 , cut lengthwise into quarters|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Plum tomatoes||8 , halved (Egg / Italian Type)|
|Red onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Tablespoon (Purple / Green Colored)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Spinach tagliatelle||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
1. Place red, yellow and green pepper quarters, skin side up, under a preheated hot grill and cook for 5-10 minutes until skins are blistered and charred. Place peppers in a plastic food bag and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove skins from peppers and cut flesh into thick slices.
2. Brush cut surfaces of eggplant lightly with oil and cook under preheated hot grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden.
3. Place tomatoes, skin side down, under preheated hot grill and cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
4. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion is soft and golden. Add red pepper, yellow pepper, green pepper, eggplant, tomatoes, basil and black pepper to taste and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
5. Cook pasta in boiling water in a large saucepan following packet directions. Drain well and top with vegetable mixture. Serve immediately.