Italian Traditional Pasta with Broad Beans Sauce
|Broad bean||1 Pound|
|Tomato||2 Medium, ripened|
|Pecorino cheese||3 Ounce (Academia Barilla Pecorino Gran Cru)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon (garnish)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
1. Blanch the broad beans in boiling water for about twenty seconds. Drain and place in cold water, in order to peel them more easily.
2. Repeat with the tomatoes, having cut an “X” into the bottom of the tomatoes before blanching for thirty seconds in boiling water.
3. After peeling the tomatoes, cut them and remove the seeds. Then chop into cubes.
4. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add garganelli and cook for 4 to 5 minutes if fresh, 9 minutes if store-bought.
5. In a pan, heat a little olive oil. Once hot, add the broad beans and sauté for a couple of seconds.
6. Then add the rosemary, peeled garlic and a pinch of salt, mix well.
7. Add cubed tomato and finish cooking.
8. Meanwhile, drain the pasta and add to the saucepan.
9. Turn up the heat and sauté for about 30 seconds. Finish with rosemary, ground black pepper and Parmigiano Reggiano or pecorino.
10. Once served, you can add a little olive oil and a sprinkling of black pepper at the end
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1663 Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.7%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 401.1 mg133.7%
Sodium 2937.5 mg122.4%
Total Carbohydrates 259 g86.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 84 g167.6%
Vitamin A 107.8% Vitamin C 117.8%
Calcium 73.9% Iron 54.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet