Penne With Pumpkin Sauce
|Bacon||25 Gram (1 rasher)|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (garnish)|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon (garnish)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Penne pasta||200 Gram|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
1. Chop pumpkin, roughly to make a puree. Dice pumpkin and reserve to be used later.
2. Finely chop bacon. Mince herbs with garlic.
3. Keep a pot of water for boiling. Add any pasta of your choice and cook till al-dente.
4. Boil pumpkin with enough water and onions.
5. Once soft drain the water and blend the pumpkin and onions to make a fine puree. Use the boiling liquid to blend the vegetables.
6. In a pan heat extra virgin olive oil and brown the bacon.
7. Remove bacon from pan and keep aside.
8. Add reserved diced pumpkin to the pan and sauté for a minute.
9. Add bacon cook for a few minutes more.
10. Add pumpkin puree and few spoons of pasta cooking liquid to the pan, mix in the finely minced herbs along with garlic. Let the ingredients simmer for 5 minutes.
11. Drizzle olive oil, season the sauce with salt and freshly ground pepper and toss in the pasta
12. Garnish with cheese and few drops of balsamic vinegar.