Pasta With Cavolo Romanesco Sauce
|Caulifloweret||1 Pound (preferably Romanesco)|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Pecorino cheese||3 Ounce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (or to taste, Academia Barilla Monti Iblei DOP)|
1. Separate cauliflower florets. Chop them in halves, and place them in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. In a pan, boil pasta and cook till al-dente.
3. To make the sauce, in a saucepan, sauté garlic and anchovies.
4. Once the anchovies are melted, add the cauliflower. Stir fry this for a couple of minutes while seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Add pasta to the sauce for a final sauté, to which is added olive oil and Pecorino cheese.
6. For garnish, add Monti Iblei DOP Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cauliflower florets and a sprig of thyme.