Breaded Chicken Tetrazzini
|Breadcrumbs||8 Ounce, dried (2 Cups/250 Grams)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chicken breast||6 , skinned and cut into strips|
|Mushrooms||6 Large, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned condensed cream of mushroom soup||14 Ounce (440 Grams)|
|Milk||8 Fluid Ounce (1 Cup/250 Milliliter)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Pasta||1 Pound, of your choice, cooked and kept warm (500 Grams)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
1. Place breadcrumbs, black pepper and ground garlic in a bowl and toss to combine.
2. Place egg and mustard in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Dip chicken strips into egg mixture, then toss in breadcrumb mixture to coat. Add chicken to pan and cook, stirring constantly, for 4-5 minutes or until brown. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
4. Heat remaining oil in pan over a medium heat, add mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir in sherry and cook for 1 minute longer.
5. Stir in soup, milk and Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. To serve, divide pasta between serving plates, top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Calories 773 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.7 mg49.2%
Sodium 1019.9 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 60 g120.8%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 29.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet