Fettuccine with Smoked Salmon and Fresh Peas
|Spinach fettuccine||1 1⁄2 Pound (Fresh / Dried)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Smoked salmon||1⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Heavy cream||1 Pint|
|Minced shallots||1 Tablespoon|
|Dubonnet/White wine||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cook pasta in a large kettle of lightly salted boiling water until it is al dente, or to taste. Drain and toss lightly with olive oil. Set aside in a warm place.
2. Blanch the peas in a pot of lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice water. Drain again. Set aside.
3. Put 4 slices smoked salmon, 2 tablespoons cream, and the shallots in a blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
4. Bring the Dubonnet to a boil in heavy saucepan. Add the remaining cream and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Add the salmon puree and blend thoroughly. Stir over low heat until mixture is hot. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cut the remaining salmon into thin strips. In a large serving dish toss the pasta with the peas and the salmon. Pour the hot sauce over it, toss well, and serve immediately.
Calories 1179 Calories from Fat 469
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.6%
Saturated Fat 29 g144.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.9 mg57%
Sodium 429.4 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.4%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 31 g61.4%
Vitamin A 46.3% Vitamin C 25.9%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet