Parmesan Pasta Provencal
|Diced eggplant||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Canned italian tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), divided|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves/1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked orecchiette pasta/Small shell macaroni||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Saucer-Shaped Pasta, Made Hot)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. In 3-quart microwavable casserole combine eggplant, zucchini, oil, and garlic and stir to coat. Microwave on High (100%) for 2 minutes, until softened.
2. In blender process 1 1/2 cups tomatoes until smooth. Set sieve over eggplant mixture and press processed tomatoes through sieve into casserole, discarding solids.
3. Seed and dice remaining tomatoes; add to eggplant mixture and stir to combine. Add 1/4 cup water and stir to combine.
4. Cover and microwave on High for 12 minutes, stirring once every 4 minutes, until mixture thickens. Stir in basil.
5. To serve, in serving bowl arrange pasta; top with eggplant mixture and sprinkle with cheese.