Sardinian Ravioli With Cheese And Spinach
|Plain flour||500 Gram (2 cups)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Italian tomato sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Grated cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Sift together flour and salt in a large bowl, make a well in the centre, break in eggs, mix with your fingers. Knead well, sprinkle little water if needed, make a soft dough, wrap in a grease proof paper or cloth. Keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Clean, wash and cook spinach with 1 teaspoon salt over low heat until tender, drain, cool and squeeze well and chop finely.
3. Heat butter in a pan and fry garlic 1-2 minutes, add spinach and fry for a few more minutes.
4. Soak saffron in 2 tablespoons hot milk and add to the spinach with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
5. Add beaten eggs and half the cheese, mix well.
6. Make tomato sauce as directed.
7. Take out the dough from refrigerator, knead again. Divide the dough into 2 portions and roll out both as thinly as possible on a floured board, making one siightly larger than the other.
8. Brush the smaller piece of rolled dough with water. Place 1 tablespoon of filling leaving enough space around each ravioli.
9. Cover with larger piece of rolled dough, allowing it to lie loosely over the filling. Stamp out the ravioli with a biscuit cutter, cutting round the dough.
10. Or press together the dough very firmly between the mounds. Cut between the rows with a sharp knife to make ravioli about 1 1/2" square.
11. Cook immediately in boiling salted water in batches (Ravioli in this recipe is not to be dried first) Ravioli will be ready as soon as they rise to the surface. Drain well and place on to a warm baking dish.
12. Pour tomato sauce over the Ravioli, sprinkle remaining grated cheese, bake or grill for few minutes and serve immediately.
Sardinian Meat Ravioli
Make exactly as recipe given above, but use 1 cup cooked minced meat instead of spinach.
Calories 546 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234.7 mg78.2%
Sodium 1553.3 mg64.7%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 29 g58.1%
Vitamin A 68.3% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 59.2% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet