Penne With Caramelized Red Onions
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red onions||6 Large, thinly sliced|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Arugula||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Crumbled feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hazelnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted and chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain.
2. In a very large skillet over low heat, heat butter and oil. Add onions; cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add salt and wine and cook 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and caramelized.
4. Stir in spinach and arugula and cook 5 minutes. Stir in Feta and hazelnuts.
5. Toss pasta with red onion mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.