Penne with Caramelized Red Onions
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red onions||6 Large, thinly sliced|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Arugula||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Crumbled feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hazelnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted and chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain.
2. In a very large skillet over low heat, heat butter and oil. Add onions; cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add salt and wine and cook 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and caramelized.
4. Stir in spinach and arugula and cook 5 minutes. Stir in Feta and hazelnuts.
5. Toss pasta with red onion mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4922 Calories from Fat 2118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 244 g374.8%
Saturated Fat 76.1 g380.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 309.3 mg103.1%
Sodium 3976.8 mg165.7%
Total Carbohydrates 528 g176.2%
Dietary Fiber 88.4 g353.5%
Sugars 155.8 g
Protein 152 g304.2%
Vitamin A 779.9% Vitamin C 374.7%
Calcium 271.8% Iron 148.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet