To prepare the grill:
1. Soak hickory in water for half an hour.
2. Heat coals in the outdoor grill.
3. Sprinkle the drained and dried hickory on the coal.
4. Place a bowl of water on the burning coal and hickory and close with grill.
5. Place the salmon on a baking tray and sprinkle with pepper.
6. Sprinkle poultry seafood seasoning on it.
7. Place the salmon tray on the grill.
8. Leave it for about 2 hours.
To make Dill Sauce:
9. Crush dill in the palm and mix with the mayonnaise
10. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
11. Add capers and red onion if desired.
To make the pasta:
12. Make a well in the flour and add eggs.
13. Sprinkle a little olive oil and start mixing.
14. Work with your hands to form a mass of firm dough of the size of a big potato.
15. Cut a piece of the dough and pass it through a pasta press about 6 times.
16. Once it gets thin and silky pass it through the pasta cutter to make the pasta.
17. Boil for 5-7 minutes in a pan of water.
18. Sprinkle a little flour on the pasta to prevent sticking.
To make the salmon mixture :
19. Dice the onions and cut the mushrooms.
20. Sauté mushrooms and onions until translucent in butter in a pan.
21. Add flour, skimmed milk, garlic powder, peas and smoked salmon to thicken.
22. Spread the salmon mixture over the boiled fettuccini and serve with the dill sauce.
Smoked salmon on fettuccini in creamed dill sauce, sounds like a perfect recipe for a leisurely holiday. The chef here has wonderfully prepared the smoked salmon and homemade pasta with a flavorful mayonnaise and dill sauce. Great idea for a sumptuous holiday meal!