Meat Stuffed Manicotti
|Manicotti shells||8 (Two-Thirds Of 5 1/2 -Ounce Package)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh spinach||1⁄2 Pound, washed, dried and finely chopped|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Grated parmesan cheese/Grated romano cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cook manicotti following recipe for Cooked Pasta.
2. Combine olive oil, spinach, onion, salt, oregano and meat in a 2-quart glass casserole. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 6 to 7 minutes at HIGH, or until meat is no longer pink; stir occasionally.
3. Remove from oven; set aside to cool slightly. Add bread crumbs, egg and tomato paste; mix well. Stuff manicotti with mixture. Put side by side in a greased 2-quart glass baking dish.
4. Spread butter over stuffed manicotti and sprinkle with cheese. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven until thoroughly heated (about 4 minutes at HIGH); rearrange manicotti after 2 minutes.
5. If desired, serve topped with tomato sauce and additional cheese.