1. Place the pasta in a 2.6 litre (4 1/2 pint) ovenproof glass bowl. Pour over 1.7 litres (3 pints) boiling water, add salt to taste. Cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes. Leave to stand, covered.
2. Place the butter in a large bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until melted. Add the mushrooms and garlic and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
3. Add the wine and cream and mix thoroughly. Microwave on HIGH for 5-6 minutes or until boiling and slightly reduced, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the cheese and parsley and season well with salt and pepper.
5. Drain the pasta and carefully mix with the sauce. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Serve with extra Parmesan cheese.