Stir Fried Vegetables And Shrimp On Fettuccine
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Yellow squash||1⁄2 Pound|
|Shelled deveined shrimp||6 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Bean sprouts||1⁄4 Pound|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped scallions||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Wash and trim the beans, squash and carrots. Cut the beans into 2-inch lengths, the squash into 2 x 1/4-inch sticks and the carrots into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices. Slice the shrimp in half lengthwise; set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp, 1 teaspoon of the garlic and 2 slices of the ginger, and stir-fry about 2 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink. Transfer the shrimp, garlic and ginger to a bowl; cover loosely and set aside. Wipe out the skillet with paper towels.
3. Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the fettuccine 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions until al dente.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining garlic and ginger, the beans, squash, carrots and bean sprouts, and cook, stirring, 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
5. Mix the stock, tamari and cornstarch in a cup, add the mixture to the vegetables and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the shrimp and scallions, and stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
6. Drain the fettuccine thoroughly and divide it among 4 plates. Top the fettuccine with the shrimp and vegetables.