Zuppa Di Pasta E Fagioli Freschi
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||6 Ounce, peeled and chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and minced|
|Fat skimmed chicken broth/Vegetable broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Dried penne pasta||12 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Chopped basil leaves/1/2 teaspoon dried basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced prosciutto||1 Ounce, cut into thin strips|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat, combine oil, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic; stir often until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
2. Add broth, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Stir penne pasta into broth and cook 7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, trim stem ends and pull any strings from beans. Rinse beans and cut into 2-inch lengths. Add beans to pasta; cook until both are tender to bite, 5 to 6 minutes longer. Add basil and mix.
5. Ladle into bowls and scatter prosciutto evenly over portions. Add parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3437 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.1%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.2 mg7.7%
Sodium 2368.6 mg98.7%
Total Carbohydrates 548 g182.6%
Dietary Fiber 86 g343.9%
Sugars 31.6 g
Protein 202 g404.5%
Vitamin A 124.6% Vitamin C 66.9%
Calcium 75.6% Iron 208.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet