Fettuccine With Vegetables
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Yellow squash||1⁄2 Pound|
|1% cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onions||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Frozen corn kernels||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dried summer savory/Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut the beans into 2-inch lengths. Halve the squash lengthwise and slice it 1/4 inch thick; set aside.
2. For the sauce, process the cottage cheese in a blender until smooth. With the machine running, add the milk, and process 5 seconds. Stir in the parsley; set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
4. Meanwhile, melt the margarine in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
5. Cook the fettuccine 8 to 10 minutes, or according to the package directions until al dente.
6. Meanwhile, add the beans, squash, corn, savory, pepper and salt to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
7. Drain the fettuccine and transfer it to a large serving bowl. Add the cheese sauce and vegetables, and toss to combine. Sprinkle the pasta and vegetables with Parmesan.