Toasted Garlic Fettuccine With Zucchini
|Whole grain bread slice||1 Ounce (1 Piece)|
|Uncooked fettuccine||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), thinly sliced|
|Chopped walnuts||3 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Zucchini||3 Small, cut into thin strips|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated fresh parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until golden.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
4. While pasta is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Stir in breadcrumbs; cook 3 minutes. Remove from pan, and stir in walnuts, parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
5. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan and place over medium heat. Stir in zucchini; saute 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; keep warm.
6. Combine pasta, remaining 1 tea spoon oil, zucchini, and breadcrumb mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.