|Italian sausage||1 Pound (New York Style)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped shallots||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||10 , sliced|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh Ones)|
|Marinara sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fettuccine||1 Pound, cooked until al dente and drained|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Remove sausages from casing and cook in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until crumbled and browned.
2. Drain off the oil and add butter, garlic, shallots and mushrooms. Cook until tender and lightly browned.
3. Add wine and cook until reduced.Stir in heavy cream.
4. Add diced tomatoes, marinara sauce and basil; cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour over cooked fettuccine and garnish with grated Parmesan.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5424 Calories from Fat 3257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 365 g560.9%
Saturated Fat 160.2 g801.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 875 mg291.7%
Sodium 3711 mg154.6%
Total Carbohydrates 369 g122.8%
Dietary Fiber 21.3 g85.4%
Sugars 32.7 g
Protein 151 g302.8%
Vitamin A 182.5% Vitamin C 36.3%
Calcium 53.8% Iron 92.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet