|Italian sausage||1 Pound (New York Style)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped shallots||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||10 , sliced|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh Ones)|
|Marinara sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fettuccine||1 Pound, cooked until al dente and drained|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Remove sausages from casing and cook in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until crumbled and browned.
2. Drain off the oil and add butter, garlic, shallots and mushrooms. Cook until tender and lightly browned.
3. Add wine and cook until reduced.Stir in heavy cream.
4. Add diced tomatoes, marinara sauce and basil; cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour over cooked fettuccine and garnish with grated Parmesan.