Carrot Pasta With Asparagus`
|Fresh asparagus||1 Pound, washed and trimmed, then cut on bias into 2-inch lengths|
|Heavy cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Carrot pasta||1 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Finely chopped basil/1 teaspoon dried basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium pan, add 2 cups of water and let it come to a fast boil. Add the asparagus and cook it for 2 minutes only. Do not over cook; the asparagus should be al dente, and have a bright green color. Drain and set aside.
2. Into a 4-quart saucepan, add the cream and cook it over low heat until it is half the original volume and it is thickened lightly (or thick enough to coat a spoon); this will take about 10 minutes. Cover the pan with wax paper and set aside.
3. Into a large pot place 6 quarts of water and let it come to a fast boil. Add the pasta and cook over high heat for 2 minutes; dp not over cook. Drain the pasta well and return it to the pot in which it cooked.
4. Add half the cream along with the salt and pepper. Mix well with 2 wooden forks, then add half the asparagus, saving the tips for the last step. Add the remaining cream, the basil, and the cheese and toss well.
5. Transfer the pasta to a large attractive platter. Add the asparagus tips on the top of the pasta.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3293 Calories from Fat 2562
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 292 g448.8%
Saturated Fat 178.7 g893.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1041.4 mg347.1%
Sodium 3513.9 mg146.4%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.5%
Sugars 23.5 g
Protein 65 g129.6%
Vitamin A 355% Vitamin C 120.8%
Calcium 144.6% Iron 74.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet