Fettuccine With Chicken And Two Sauces
|Chicken||1 (Including Neck, Gizzard And Heart)|
|Celery stalks with leaves||2 , coarsely sliced|
|Carrot||1 , thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, stuck with 2 cloves|
|Cracked peppercorns/1/2 teaspoon ground peppercorns||10|
|Dry vermouth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fettuccine||1 Pound (Preferably Homemade)|
|Tomato sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped scallions||4 Tablespoon (Including Green Parts)|
|For cream garlic sauce|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
1. Wash the chicken and put it in a covered saucepan. (The saucepan shouldn't be much larger than the chicken.) Add the neck, gizzard, and heart. Add the celery, carrot, onion, salt, peppercorns, and dry vermouth, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. (Do not over cook.) Transfer the chicken to a bowl or plate to allow it to cool.
2. As soon as you can handle the chicken (the sooner, the better), remove all the meat from the bones. Discard the skin and other fatty parts, but return all the bones to the stockpot. Boil the stock rapidly to let it cook down to about 2 1/2 cups. Meanwhile, cut the chicken pieces into chunks of 1 to 2 inches, and set aside.
3. Next prepare the garlic cream sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic pieces and cook until they begin to turn golden; do not allow them to brown. Add the flour, and cook for about 2 minutes. Slowly add 2 cups of hot chicken stock, and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk, cream, and red pepper flakes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of hot stock to this mixture, beat well, and then add this cream sauce to the sauce in the pan. Keep the sauce warm; you will have about 3 cups of sauce.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and return to the pot in which it cooked. Add butter to the pasta and toss lightly. With the aid of a rubber spatula, add half the cream sauce to the pasta.
6. Transfer half of this mixture to a buttered oval baking dish about 14 by 9 inches. Add half the tomato sauce and all the chicken. Add the remaining pasta and cover with the remaining tomato sauce. Top with the remaining cream sauce. Sprinkle the cheese and chopped scallions overall. Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the entire dish is well heated and the top is lightly browned.