|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Tomatoes||8 Cup (128 tbs), deseeded|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chili flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh oregano||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat 1 tbsp of canola oil in a pot and add onions, give it a stir.
2. Prepare tomatoes by deseeding them and then dice them.
3. Add 1 clove of minced garlic and 1 tsp chili flakes for seasoning.
4. Throw in the diced deseeded tomatoes and cook at low flame for about 30-35 minutes with the lid on.
5. Add ¼ tsp sugar, 3 tbsp fresh oregano and 2tbsp fresh basil for seasoning and the pasta sauce is ready.
6. Scoop a couple of spoon of pasta sauce and spread over freshly prepared pasta.
For more information please visit: http://www.mcgacanola.org/
This video is a creation of CanolaOilGrowers. You can visit mcgacanola for complete recipes, and more videos.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 503 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 118.4 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 23.3 g93.2%
Sugars 47.2 g
Protein 18 g35.6%
Vitamin A 303.2% Vitamin C 362.4%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 31.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet