Pasta With Bell Peppers Mushrooms And Bacon
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped / pressed|
|Bell peppers||3 , thinly sliced (Any Color)|
|Button mushrooms||3⁄4 Pound, wiped clean and thinly sliced|
|Chopped fresh oregano/1 tablespoon dried oregano||3 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
1. Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat until rendered of all fat. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Remove bacon from pan, blot it with paper towels, and crumble or chop it. Reserve it for later use.
2. Place garlic, peppers, and mushrooms in the skillet (if you are using dried oregano, add it now), and saute until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender.
4. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
5. Add pasta water to pepper mixture and stir to combine. Add the pasta to the skillet, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
6. Garnish with fresh oregano and Parmesan cheese.