|Broiler fryer||6 Pound|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Spaghetti||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Rinse chickens and their giblets and necks with running cold water. Place chickens, breast side down, in 8-quart Dutch oven or saucepot; add giblets, necks, water, pepper, 1 onion, and 2 teaspoons salt; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 35 minutes or until chickens are fork-tender.
2. Remove chickens, giblets, and necks to large bowl; refrigerate 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Strain chicken broth, reserving 3 1/2 cups. (Cover and refrigerate any remaining broth for use in soup another day.) When chickens are cool, discard bones and skin; cut meat and giblets into bite-sized pieces; set chicken aside.
3. Mince remaining onion. In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons hot butter or margarine (1/4 stick), cook minced onion, mushrooms, and lemon juice until onion is tender. Spoon mixture into 13" by 9" baking dish.
4. Prepare spaghetti as label directs; drain. Add spaghetti to mushroom mixture in baking dish; toss.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. In same skillet, melt remaining butter or margarine; stir in flour, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon paprika until smooth. Gradually stir in sherry and reserved chicken broth, and cook, stirring, until mixture thickens. Stir in half-and-half and chicken.
6. Toss chicken mixture with spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and some paprika. Bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.