Italian Orzo Pasta Salad
|Minced shallot||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 , core removed, seeds removed, and diced|
|Minced fresh mint||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallot||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), minced|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), diced|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Orzo||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 , core removed, seeds removed and diced|
|Cucumber||1 , peel, slice in half, scoop out the seeds with a spoon, and dice|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mint||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced (Use Fresh)|
1. In a bowl combine the olive oil, shallots, lemon juice, garlic cloves, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Allow to sit for 1/2 hour.
2. In a pot bring salted water to a boil over high heat.
3. Stir in the orzo pasta and allow to cook for 10 to 13 minutes until al dente.
4. Strain the pasta and rinse briefly under cold water.
5. Place the pasta in a serving bowl and stir in the oil mixture. Combine well. Allow to cool to room temperature.
6. When the pasta has cooled add the yellow bell pepper, cucumber, ricotta cheese, and mint.
7. Combine well and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Calories 521 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.9 mg7%
Sodium 84.6 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 14 g29%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 147.5%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet