Stuffed Tufoli Or Manicotti
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Chopped lean beef||1 1⁄2 Pound (May Be Part Veal)|
|Chopped mozzarella/Swiss cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Basic Or Canned)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cook the pasta in a large quantity of rapidly boiling salted water until half done, about twelve minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Return it to the pot and toss with a small amount of melted butter to prevent it from sticking together.
2. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
3. Brown the onions and garlic lightly in the oil. Add the mushrooms and cook until wilted. Using the hands, blend the onion mixture with the beef, cheese, crumbs, egg, salt, oregano and pepper. Using a teaspoon, stuff the tufoli or mani cotti with the mixture.
4. Cover the bottoms of two eight cup, shallow rectangular casseroles with a thin layer of tomato sauce and arrange a layer of the stuffed pasta on top. Cover lightly with more sauce and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese. If necessary, repeat the layers.
5. Bake about thirty minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5579 Calories from Fat 2053
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 231 g355.5%
Saturated Fat 108.7 g543.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 955.9 mg318.6%
Sodium 7971.6 mg332.1%
Total Carbohydrates 488 g162.7%
Dietary Fiber 40.1 g160.5%
Sugars 88.9 g
Protein 365 g730.9%
Vitamin A 185.4% Vitamin C 261.7%
Calcium 377.2% Iron 196.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet