Ravioli Ail Gratin
|Cheese filled ravioli||2 Pound|
|Canned plum tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||1 , crushed|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), grated|
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and sautÃ© the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, wine, and seasonings and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
3. Add the Parmesan cheese and let melt into the sauce.
4. In a large pot bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and cook ravioli according to package directions.
5. Drain ravioli and put in a casserole, then gently add the tomato sauce.
6. Spread the grated Mozzarella cheese over the top and bake in a 325°F oven for 20-25 minutes.