How To Make Pasta Bake With A Cheesy Topping
|Spiral pasta||175 Gram (cooked)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Minced beef/Minced lamb||500 Gram|
|Celery stick||4 , sliced|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Canned tomatoes||400 Gram, chopped finely|
|Beef stock cubes/Lamb stock||1|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Dash|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||150 Milliliter|
|Plain flour||30 Gram|
|Mature cheddar cheese||60 Gram, grated (divided)|
|Dry mustard powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
2. In a large pan of boiling water, add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
3. In a medium pan, heat the oil. Add onion and cook it over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add minced meat to the pan and stir well, then add celery, stirring well for 5-8 minutes until the meat browns all over.
4. Stir in the flour to the pan and cook for one minute, stirring until the mixture has thickened. Add tomatoes and hot water. Stir well while the mixture comes to the boil.
5. Stir in the stock cube, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the cooked pasta.
7. In a sauce pan, melt the butter and tip in the flour. Cook for one minute until mixture forms a thick paste.
8. Gradually pour in the milk, beating well and allowing mixture to come boil between each addition of milk.
9. Remove the pan from heat and season with salt and pepper. Add mustard powder, half of the cheese and mix well.
10. Tip the pasta mixture out into a baking dish and level the surface. Spoon the cheese sauce over pasta, spread remaining cheese over.
11. Bake in the centre of the oven at 200 degree C for 30-40 minutes, or until the mixture is golden on top and sizzling hot.
12. Serve the Baked Pasta with Cheesy Topping hot and enjoy!
Calories 741 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59.2%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g82.9%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 101.1 mg33.7%
Sodium 515.8 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 23.8%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 27.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet