Beef and Pasta Bake
|For the sauce|
|Ground beef||1 Cup (16 tbs) (3/4 cup Beef TVP)|
|Beef bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Diced tomatoes||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Tomato sauce can||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|For the pasta bake|
|Elbow macaroni||1⁄2 Packet|
|Mozzarella||1⁄2 Packet, grated|
|For the spaghetti|
|Spaghetti||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese shavings||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. n a bowl, add the beef TVP and combine it beef bouillon. Mix well and set it aside until it reconstitutes.
2. In a saucepan over medium high, heat oil and add ground beef, garlic, onion and salt. Saute this for 5 -7 minutes until nice and brown.
3. Stir in the basil, oregano and 1/2 cup of the reconstituted beef TVP. Mix until well combined.
4. Stir in the dice tomatoes and tomato sauce. Mix well and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
5. For the pasta bake: In a pot of boiling hot water, cook the elbow macaroni for 5 minutes. Once done, drain and set them in the pot. Pour some of the beef sauce, mix well and add it evenly in a baking dish.
6. Sprinkle this with mozzarella cheese and broil it in the oven for about 10 - 12 minutes or until the cheese melts.
7. For the spaghetti: In a pot of boiling hot water over medium high, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain and set aside in a serving plate, once done.
8. Pour the beef tomato sauce over the spaghetti and sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese.
9. Serve the pasta bake and spaghetti beef sauce hot.
Calories 343 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.7 mg14.2%
Sodium 830.6 mg34.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 18 g36.8%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet