Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini / Casserole Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breasts||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Grand diamond all purpose seasoning||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Crimini mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced (Fresh)|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Fresh asparagus||3⁄4 Pound, cut in 1 inch pieces|
|Fresh garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Low sodium chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Half & half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh italian parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Clean and prepare the chicken pieces. Season to taste. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Preheat a large Dutch oven or skillet over medium-high heat with 3 tablespoons of oil.
4. Brown the chicken on each side, about 4 to 6 minutes, until it’s completely cooked. Once done, set aside to rest.
5. Still over medium-high heat, add 2 to 3 more tablespoons of oil and sauté the mushrooms and onions until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the seasoning to taste, asparagus and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Remove and place the vegetables on a plate.
7. Melt the butter and add the flour to the skillet. Stir and lightly brown for about 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Whisk in the chicken stock and half & half. Turn the heat down to medium, season to taste, and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Add the balsamic vinegar. The sauce will thicken. Turn off the heat.
10. Chop the chicken.
11. Bring another large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of salt to the boiling water.
12. Cook the pasta for about half of the recommended cooking time on the package.
13. Stir in the vegetables, chicken, parsley and pasta into the sauce.
14. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or just until the cheese is melted.
15 Serve hot. Enjoy.
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.3%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.1 mg42%
Sodium 321.5 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 49 g98.5%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 18% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet