Kate's Orzo Salad
|Jumbo shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound, cooked, deveined and thawed|
|Orzo||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (dry orzo used)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Garlic cloves||4 , diced|
|Roma tomatoes||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced|
|Red chili pepper flakes||1 Dash|
|Artichoke hearts||1 Cup (16 tbs), in oil drained and split apart|
|Sundried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), in oil, drained|
|Kalamata olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced in half|
|Italian seasoning blend||2 Dash|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Organic extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cook orzo in a pan on the stovetop to package instructions.
2. Drizzle a little olive oil into a skillet on the stovetop over low heat.
3. Add in onion and garlic and sauté until slightly golden.
4. Add in Roma tomatoes and butter, stirring occasionally.
5. Add in basil, a dash of red chili pepper flakes and artichokes. Stir.
6. Add in cooked shrimp, sundried tomato, capers (optional), olives, a dash or two of Italian seasoning blend, and lemon juice. Mix.
7. Add in cooked orzo to the skillet and stir.
8. Plate and serve immediately!
Calories 724 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 274.7 mg91.6%
Sodium 745.9 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.6%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 51 g102.3%
Vitamin A 33.4% Vitamin C 48.7%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 36.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet