This week it's all about manifesting dreams in the Casa de Kitchen Witch. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of tea (or wine) and settle in as I make a magically delicious recipe for sheet pan chicken and pasta and share some hard won wisdom about the importance of having a vision, letting go, and letting God.
Boneless skinless chicken breast
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
Chopped fresh herbs
6 Medium, cut into quarters
2 , minced
1 Teaspoon, divided
1 Teaspoon, divided
Dried chili flakes
Extra virgin olive oil
Grated parmesan cheese
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Dried rotini noodles
2 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)
1. Toss the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and dried chili flakes in a large bowl to coat.
2. Mix the fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary into the butter and place onto a piece of saran wrap.
3. Roll to form a quarter inch in diameter tube and place in the refrigerator to harden. When the butter has set, cut into discs, and stuff 2 discs each into slits made in boneless skinless breasts (as per the video).
4. Squeeze the chicken breast together to seal and then rub the outside with a tsp of additional butter and sprinkle with the mixture of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
5. Spread the tomato mixture onto a baking sheet with the seed sides facing down, and place the chicken breasts alongside. Bake in a 350 oven for an hour.
6. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover to keep warm, and then mash the roasted tomatoes and garlic until it forms a rustic slightly chunky sauce. Reserve a half cup of the sauce for the chicken.
7. Boil the spaghetti noodles in well salted boiling water until al dente (seven minutes) and add a quarter cup of the pasta water to the sauce in the pot. Pour in the cooked, drained spaghetti, and toss with a quarter cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese.
8. Thinly slice the chicken breasts and serve over top the cooked spaghetti. Pour the reserved sauce in equal amounts over each dish.