Breakfast Yogurt Parfaits with Homemade Granola
|Greek yogurt/Plain yogurt||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Old fashioned rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs) (do not use Quick Cooking oats)|
|Sweetened flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), roast|
|Dried apricots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), dice|
|Dried fruit||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Mix your choice of Raisins, Cranberries, Cherries, Blueberries)|
|Honey/Syrup of maple||4 Tablespoon|
|Mixed berries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)|
1. Take a large bowl and place a strainer in it. Line the strainer with a cheese cloth. Pour the Greek Yogurt into it. Cover and set aside to drain until ready to serve around 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
3. In a medium size bowl, combine the canola oil, honey and vanilla extract and whisk until it’s thoroughly combined.
4. Pour most of the honey mixture over the rolled oats mixture; reserve about 2 tablespoons of the honey mixture in the bowl. Mix the oats and honey until well combined and all of the oats are moistened.
5. Spread the oats onto a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, coat the almonds in the honey mixture and set aside, chop the apricot and keep it aside.
7. Next, remove the oats from the oven; pour the coated almonds over the oats and mix. Once mixed, spread the oats and nuts out evenly. Bake for another 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for about an hour.
9. Break up the granola, add the dried fruits and mix well. Store in an air tight container.
10. In a bowl, empty the drained yogurt. Sweeten with maple, honey or agave.
10. In parfait cups, spoon large dollops of the sweetened yogurt, top with fresh fruit and the granola mixture. Repeat the layering. Top with crunchy granola. Serve immediately.
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.2%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 84.8 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.2%
Sugars 40.7 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 11.6%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet