1. Set aside 1/3 cup blueberries for garnish. Combine the remaining blueberries, sugar, zest, and vanilla extract in a zip-top plastic bag. Press out air before sealing then press with hands to crush.
2. Spread 1 side of each slice angel food cake with preserves.
3. Cut into cubes and place in the bottom of 4 parfait or other tall glasses.
4. Whisk together the yogurt and honey in a medium bowl.
5. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mixture over the cake cubes.
6. Top each with 2 heaping tablespoons of the blueberry mixture. Spoon in the remaining yogurt mixture then top with remaining blueberry mixture.
7. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon sliced almonds and the reserved whole blueberries.
With schools starting and mom’s being busy with no time to make a good breakfast, here is a quick and easy breakfast idea that is a delicious way to start the day! A layered blueberry breakfast parfait with angle food cake, blueberry sauce, Greek yoghurt sweetened with hone, and crunchy almonds. It’s like eating dessert for breakfast.