Savory Breakfast Parfait
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried paprika||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried celery seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||6 Medium, beaten|
|Canola oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|For the polenta|
|Dry polenta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Half & half||3 Tablespoon|
|For the garnish|
|Shredded cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
1. Mince the garlic, chop the chive, shred the cheese and slice the bacon, set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
3. Line the baking sheet with foil.
4. Place the bacon slices on a baking sheet and bake it for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Once done remove and set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl combine ground pork, mince garlic, dried thyme, oregano, paprika, onion powder, celery seeds, salt and pepper and brown sugar. Mix everything well with your hand.
6. In a bowl crack the eggs and beat them well.
7. In a small pot bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
8. In a large pan pour canola oil and heat it on medium high heat, add the sausage mixture and cook it for 5-10 minutes or until all the moisture is evaporated.
9. Once the moisture is dried up cook the sausage for another 10-15 minutes or until the sausage has changed to brown color.
10. Add polenta into the boiling water, stir and allow it to simmer on low heat for 15-25 minutes or until you have reached the desired consistency.
11. Add the half and half to the polenta and stir and continue to cook the polenta.
12. Towards the last 5 minutes add the butter let it melt, keep stirring.
13. Once the sausages are done transfer it to a bowl and in the same pan, over medium high heat, pour canola oil.
14. Add the beaten eggs and keep stirring over low heat until it’s reached the desired consistency.
15. In a clear mason jar pour a layer of the polenta, sausage, eggs, cheese and crispy bacon, garnish with chives.
16. Serve the savory breakfast parfait along with a cup of coffee.