|For chocolate sauce|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light cream/Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce (2 squares)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||2 Pint|
|Mint jelly||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (green colored)|
|Pink peppermint stick ice cream||1 Pint|
|Marshmallow sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (prepared)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
To make the Chocolate sauce
1. In small saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, and mix well.
2. Add cream, corn syrup, butter, chocolate and salt to it.
3. Place the pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring continuously till the sauce is smooth and comes to boiling.
4. Stir in vanilla after removing from heat.Cool to room temperature.
To make the Peppermint Parfaits
5. In bottom of each eight 8-ounce chilled parfait glasses, pour a tablespoon of chocolate sauce.
6. In each glass, add a rounded tablespoon vanilla ice cream, rounded tablespoon mint jelly, small scoop (1/4 cup) peppermint ice cream and a tablespoon prepared marshmallow sauce.
7. Top each glass with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
8. Sprinkle remaining Chocolate Sauce over each of them. Place in freezer.
9. In a bowl, whip cream with confectioners' sugar until stiff.
10. Top each parfait/glass with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
11. Place it in refrigerator and allow it to freeze until firm. If keeping more than one day, cover with plastic wrap.
If parfaits are kept in freezer more than 24 hours, remove them from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
12. Serve Peppermint Parfaits chilled with chocolate sauce.