Apricot and Orange Parfaits
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Pound|
|Orange||1 , rind grated and juiced|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned mandarin orange segments||16 Ounce, drained (2 Cans Of 8 Ounces Each)|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon, garnish (Additional For Garnish)|
1) In cold water, soak the apricots for about 8 hours or overnight.
2) Drain the apricots and put them in a pan.
3) Add just enough fresh water to cover the apricots and add the orange juice and rind and sugar.
4) Bring the contents of the pan to a boil and then gently simmer till the apricots are soft.
5) Let the apricots cool and then add the sherry. Stir well.
6) In a blender, puree the apricot mixture, or press it through a nylon strainer with the back of a wooden spoon.
7) Lightly whip the cream and fold it into the puree.
8) Chill the mixture for a minimum of 30 minutes, or even more.
9) In the base of each of 6 tall glasses, put some mandarin segments.
10) Divide the chilled apricot cream equally between the glasses.
11) Top with the remaining mandarin segments and a swirl of the whipped cream.
12) Serve the preparation chilled for maximum flavor. Makes a good dessert.