Marsala Macaroon Parfait
|Vanilla pod/1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence||1|
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Marsala||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||10 Fluid Ounce (1 Carton / 284 Milliliter)|
|Natural yogurt||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
|Ratafia/Amaretti / macaroon biscuits||3 Ounce, crushed|
|Biscuits||4 Small (For Serving)|
1. Soak the vanilla pod in a little warm water for 5 minutes to soften.
2. Into a saucepan split and scrape out the seeds.
3. Add the sugar and 100 ml (4 fl oz) water and heat gently until the sugar dissolves.
4. Raise the heat and boil rapidly for 2-3 minutes.
5. Working quickly, beat the egg yolks with the marsala, then pour the syrup on to the yolks in a steady stream, whisking all the time.
6. Continue whisking for 6-8 minutes until the mixture has doubled and is thick and foamy and leave it to cool slightly.
7. Whip the cream until it just holds its shape and gently fold into the yolk mixture with the yogurt and the crushed ratafia biscuits.
8. Spoon or pour into a freezer container and freeze for 3-4 hours until firm.
9. Line two baking sheets with foil and place in the freezer to chill.
10. Working quickly scoop the parfait into balls and place on the chilled baking sheets.
11. Cover and place in the freezer to refreeze.
12. Chill a serving dish, pile the parfait balls into it and serve immediately, accompanied by small biscuits.