Strawberry Parfait Ring
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Coconut||2 Tablespoon, flaked or shredded (for garnish)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, add in sugar and water. Cook to 235F till the mixture reaches a one thread syrup consistency.
2) Add in a few drops of red food colour if you desire.
3) In a bowl, add in the egg whites and beat it stiff. Slowly add in the prepared syrup. Beat till the mixture becomes light. It must also cool down.
4) Next, add in vanilla extract and salt.
5) Fold in the whipped cream into the mixture. Transfer the mixture into a 2-quart ring mould. Freeze the mixture.
6) Just befor serving, unmould the Strawberry Parfatt. Fill its centre with the strawberries.
7) Sprinkle a little coconut on top of the ring. If you have not added food colour earlier, you can mix it in the coconut at this stage.
8) Serve whipped cream along the sides of the ring.