|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scalded milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten|
|Lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lime rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Green food color||3 Drop (few)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl combine egg yolks, sugar, corn syrup and milk.
2. Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until thickened.
3. Let it cool and fold in egg whites.
4. Add lime juice, rind, food color and cream.
5. Spoon into freezer tray and freeze.
6. Break into chunks with wooden spoon.
7. Place into chilled bowl, beat until fluffy and smooth with electric or rotary beater.
8. Return to cold tray and freeze until firm.
9. Alternate in parfait glasses with your favorite fresh or frozen fruit and whipped cream and serve.
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.9 mg36.6%
Sodium 64.9 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.48%
Sugars 26.5 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet