Presidents Day Patriotic Parfaits
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||16 Ounce, beaten till smooth|
|Unsweetened frozen blueberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thawed|
|Unsweetened frozen raspberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thawed|
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine egg yolks, honey, milk, vanilla and gelatin. Mix well using a whisk and keep aside for 5 minutes.
2. Cook on a low flame for 5 minutes till gelatin dissolves, while stirring continuously.
3. In another large sized bowl, combine beaten ricotta cheese and egg mixture. Beat well and refrigerate till mixture starts to thicken.
4. Once thickened, remove and whisk one.
5. Place 6 parfait glasses on a flat working surface and spoon a layer of cheese mixture in each glass.
6. Top each with 2 tablespoons blueberries, layer of cheese mixture and 2 tablespoons raspberries.
7. Follow same procedure to make layers and ensure that top most layer is fruits.
8. Refrigerate for minimum 3 hours or till set.
9. Serve chilled.