|Castor sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, flaked and toasted (50 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
1) Separate the eggs, cracking the yolks into a large mixing basin and the whites into a second basin.
2) Add the sugar to the egg yolks and, using a wooden spoon, beat until light and creamy.
3) Stir in the rum and the toasted almonds.
4) Lightly whip the cream and stiffly beat the egg whites.
5) Fold the cream and then the egg whites into the mixture.
6) Blend gently but thoroughly.
7) Pour into a 2-pint (generous 1-litre) polythene container.
8) Cover and freeze for 5 -6 hours or overnight.
9) Spoon into individual glasses and decorate with glace cherries.
10) Serve with macaroons or small meringues.