Strawberry Cheese Parfait
|Strawberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Sugar free orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Artificial sweetener||1⁄2 Gram (To Equal 1 Teaspoon Sugar)|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a small bowl, crush Â½ cup of the strawberries till they are semi-smooth in texture.
2. Add the orange juice and Â½ teaspoon sugar to the crushed strawberries and let it stand for 15 minutes.
3. Slice the rest of the berries and set aside till required
4. In a separate bowl, mix the cheese with sweetener, orange peel, vanilla, and remaining teaspoon sugar.
5. Drain the juice from the crushed strawberries and stir well
6. Add the cheese mixture to the strawberry mixture and stir well again
7. In 2 parfait glasses, add half of the crushed strawberry mixture
8. Top each portion with 3-4 strawberry slices
9. Chill for 30 minutes
10. Serve cold immediately