Toasted Almond Parfait
|Almonds||6 Ounce (Unskinned, 1 Package)|
|Maple syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Or More)|
|Vanilla ice cream||2 Pint, softened|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) On a baking sheet, spread the almonds and toast in the preheated oven, turning occasionally, until dark brown.
3) Process the almonds through a food chopper or chop very fine.
4) In a bowl, mix the almonds and maple syrup into thin paste, adding more maple syrup if required.
5) In 6 to 8 parfait glasses or wine glasses, spoon a heaped tablespoon of the almond paste and cover with a thick layer of the ice cream.
6) Repeat the layers, until the glasses are full, then cover with a plastic wrap and freeze.
7) Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving and place in the refrigerator.
8) Spoon each serving with the whipped cream and serve.
Calories 606 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74 mg24.7%
Sodium 132.5 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 58.6 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 30.7% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet