2) On a baking sheet, spread the almonds and toast in the preheated oven, turning occasionally, until dark brown.
3) Process the almonds through a food chopper or chop very fine.
4) In a bowl, mix the almonds and maple syrup into thin paste, adding more maple syrup if required.
5) In 6 to 8 parfait glasses or wine glasses, spoon a heaped tablespoon of the almond paste and cover with a thick layer of the ice cream.
6) Repeat the layers, until the glasses are full, then cover with a plastic wrap and freeze.
7) Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving and place in the refrigerator.
8) Spoon each serving with the whipped cream and serve.