Lime Pineapple Parfait
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lime gelatin||17 1⁄2 Gram (1 Package)|
|Bottled unsweetened apple juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned dietetic pack pineapple slices||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained and diced|
|Dessert topping mix||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Pour boiling water over gelatin, stirring to dissolve.
2. Stir in apple juice; refrigerate until consistency of unbeaten egg white—about 1 hour.
3. Fold pineapple into gelatin.
4. Pour into 4 parfait glasses or serving dishes. Refrigerate until firm.
5. In small bowl, combine dessert-topping mix and milk; beat, with rotary beater, until stiff peaks form.
6. Fold in coconut and vanilla.
7. To serve: Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon topping.