|Cocoa krispies||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate morsels||6 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shaved|
1. Crush Cocoa Krispies into fine crumbs.
2. Melt chocolate morsels over hot, but not boiling, water or over very low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
3. Beat egg yolks with water until well mixed. Add melted chocolate slowly, beating rapidly.
4. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add sugar gradually, beating until stiff and glossy. Gently fold egg whites mixture and vanilla into chocolate mixture. Chill until slightly set.
5. Put alternate layers of chocolate mixture and crumbs in 4 parfait or sherbet glasses. Top each with a small amount of whipped cream and shaved chocolate. Serve immediately or keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3374 Calories from Fat 1173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 146 g224.2%
Saturated Fat 87.9 g439.7%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 588.7 mg196.2%
Sodium 1706.4 mg71.1%
Total Carbohydrates 506 g168.7%
Dietary Fiber 23.1 g92.5%
Sugars 300.2 g
Protein 33 g66.4%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 288.6%
Calcium 165.7% Iron 208.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet