Blueberry Orange Parfaits
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Mix cornstarch, 1 cup sugar, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Add a small amount of the orange juice and blend until smooth. Stir in remaining orange juice.
2. Bring mixture to boiling, stirring constantly, and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Stir about 3 tablespoons of the hot mixture into beaten eggs; immediately blend with mixture in saucepan.
4. Cook and stir about 3 minutes. Remove from water and cool. Stir in lemon peel. Chill.
5. Meanwhile, sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over blue berries and allow to stand at least 30 minutes. Spoon alternating layers of custard and blueberries in parfait glasses, beginning with a layer of custard and ending with blueberries. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 989 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50%
Saturated Fat 17 g85.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 508.7 mg169.6%
Sodium 1136.9 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 105.4 g
Protein 18 g36.7%
Vitamin A 32.8% Vitamin C 466.6%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet