Ham And Cheese Panini
|Granary baguettes||1 , cut into 8 inch pieces and halved lengthways|
|Butter/Sunflower margarine||1 Tablespoon (For Spreading)|
|Thin ham slices||3 Ounce (75 Gram, Fresh Wafer Thin Slices)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||3 1⁄2 Ounce, sliced thinly with a potato peeler (100 Gram)|
|Cherry tomatoes||4 , sliced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Place a heavy-based frying pan that is large enough to hold 1 of the paninis over a medium heat.
2. Spread the outside (the crusts) of the halved baguette pieces with the butter or margarine. Divide the ham and cheese between the two baguette sections, season lightly, if desired, and use a fish slice to press the 2 halves together, flattening them slightly.
3. Cook the Paninis one at a time in the preheated pan until they are golden on the outside and the cheese has melted. Do not be tempted to increase the heat too much, as the bread will burn before the cheese melts.
4. Set aside to cool completely then wrap securely and refrigerate overnight.
5. To complete, add the lettuce and tomato on the day the Panini is to be eaten.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1259 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82%
Saturated Fat 28.6 g143%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 192.5 mg64.2%
Sodium 3027.6 mg126.2%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 62 g124.3%
Vitamin A 51.4% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 73.3% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet