Panini literally means little breads, but in Italy it often refers to a sandwich. Use goat cheese and arugula for a different flavour profile.
Fresh white mushrooms
8 Ounce, sliced
1 Clove (5 gm), crushed
Dried basil leaves
1 Teaspoon (1 tbsp if fresh is to be used)
Oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped and drained
Old cheddar cheese
2 Cup (32 tbs), grated
Oval panini rolls
4 , halved
Baby spinach leaves
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. In a medium frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add mushrooms and saute, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until just until starting to brown.
3. Stir in garlic and basil and cook 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In a small bowl mix cheese and tomatoes.
6. Spread evenly on bottom half of each roll.
7. Arrange the mushrooms, and spinach leaves, evenly on top of cheese.
8. Top with the other half of each roll and press firmly.
9. Place in preheated sandwich grill and cook about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese has melted.
10. Once ready cut sandwiches in half to serve and serve with a fresh green salad.
The Chedder cheese can be substituted by Goat cheese. 1/2 cup of Goat cheese would be enough.
In case you do not have a panini maker, put the sandwich in a heated pan. Cover with another pan and place some weights on top for a flat sandwich.
After one side is done, turn over and cook the other side.
Try out this awesome Italian sandwich with goat cheese and arugula. Watch this impressive video that is a really going to make you delightful. This video is a great interesting piece to view. Gear up to make this elegant sandwich and prepare yourself for a flavorful surprise!