Baked Potato Pancakes With Applesauce
|Idaho potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and coarsely grated|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Unbleached all purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened applesauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Rinse grated potatoes in cold water and press moisture out of them using paper towels.
3. Combine pepper, onion, and flour.
4. Place potatoes and seasoning mixture in bowl. Mix well. Chill for 15 minutes.
5. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray or line with baking-sheet liners. Divide potato mixture into 8 portions.
Form each portion into a mound in your hands.
Place 4 mounds on each cookie sheet and press each mound into the shape of a 5-inch pancake, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Press pancakes down with a spoon or spatula. Bake for 5 minutes more. Turn pancakes gently. Bake until second side is crisp, about 7 minutes.
7. Serve with applesauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2694 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.36 g0.56%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 635.4 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 641 g213.7%
Dietary Fiber 68.7 g274.8%
Sugars 31.3 g
Protein 63 g126.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 450.9%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet