Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
|Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon (freshly ground)|
|Eggs||1 (room temperature)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate chips/Blueberry||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
1. In another bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, place the chocolate chips and toss in 2 tablespoon of the dry ingredient mix.
3. In a bowl, whisk an egg, and stream in buttermilk with whisking
4. Add in vanilla and beat until nice and frothy for about 3 minutes.
5. Slowly add the remaining dry ingredients in egg mixture and mix just to combine
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and allow the batter to sit for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. In a hot skillet, melt a tablespoon or so of butter and ladle in your batter, cook till the edges are browned and flip only once, and cook the other side.
8. Remove pancakes, from the pan and stack them in a plate.
9. Serve the stack of pancakes right away with a drizzle of your favorite syrup if desired.
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.9 mg20.3%
Sodium 486.5 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 27.2 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet