Light and fluffy with a tiny bit of tang imparted by creamy buttermilk, these are perfect for lazy, jammie-clad breakfasts...perfect with a honeyed mess of thick maple syrup or dotted with fresh blueberries or melting chocolate bits.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1⁄8 Teaspoon (freshly ground)
1 (room temperature)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (room temperature)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)
1. In another bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, place the chocolate chips and toss in 2 tablespoon of the dry ingredient mix.
3. In a bowl, whisk an egg, and stream in buttermilk with whisking
4. Add in vanilla and beat until nice and frothy for about 3 minutes.
5. Slowly add the remaining dry ingredients in egg mixture and mix just to combine
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and allow the batter to sit for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. In a hot skillet, melt a tablespoon or so of butter and ladle in your batter, cook till the edges are browned and flip only once, and cook the other side.
8. Remove pancakes, from the pan and stack them in a plate.
9. Serve the stack of pancakes right away with a drizzle of your favorite syrup if desired.