What a way to make someone feel special by starting the day with cake batter pancakes!! I made these homemade pancakes to celebrate the arrival of my new nephew but they would be great on any kind of morning! The yellow cake mix really makes these pancakes fluffy with a nice sweetness and the buttercream glaze pairs up so well!! It's like eating a not-to-sweet slice of birthday cake!
All purpose flour
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Yellow cake mix
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Medium, lightly beaten
1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)
Multicolored candy sprinkles
1 Teaspoon (to garnish)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened
For buttercream glaze
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. In a large bowl whisk together flour, cake mix, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. Add in beaten eggs, milk, and butter.
3. Stir gently just until dry ingredients are well incorporated. Batter should be a little lumpy.
4. Let batter sit for 7-10 minutes.
5. Into the batter fold in sprinkles.
6. Heat buttered griddle to 375 degrees F.
7. Add batter to the griddle using a 1/4 cup to scoop out the batter.
8. When small bubbles start to break on the surface of the pancake, flip it.
9. Stack pancakes on a plate when done.
10. GLAZE: Make the glaze by combining all of the glaze ingredients.
11. Stir until it reaches a glaze consistency (add more milk if required for desired consistency).
12. In a serving plate, stack the pancakes, drizzle butter cream glaze over them and top with sprinkles.
Make this simple but delicious cake for friends and family in ten minutes. It’s a fun alternative to a difficult birthday cake too and can be completed in twenty minutes. The pancakes can be made at home and then assembled in ten minutes to make the perfect birthday cake.